Welcome to the course
“Welcome… About the course… Real life case studies”
Welcome to the Course > Welcome > 1.1 About the Course
- Designed as a course on marketing for non-marketers.
- Real life case studies, real life stories, and personal experiences to bring to life some of the ideas in the course.
- Regardless of your background, marketing and the principles of marketing can have real value, because at the base of marketing:
- The consumer is something that’s interesting,
- It’s something that we can learn about that can help both in our own lives as well as the businesses of the companies that we run or work for.
- What’s fun is that you’ll look a bit back into history and look a little forward as well, and try to learn from the past, learn from the present, and hopefully predict where we can go in the future.
- One of the challenges which seems to confuse people a lot about marketing is it always seems to be changing.
- If you can find the patterns, you’ll be able to see it forward. You should be looking to see if you can see patterns:
- Things which exist in your own organization;
- Things which you’ve seen in the past;
- Things you can imagine might occur in future situations.