Welcome to the Course
- Welcome to the course! > Employ101x About video > Employ101x About video
- Welcome to the course! > Finding your way around the course > Finding your way around the course
- Welcome to the course! > Learning goals and how to succeed > How to succeed
Welcome to the course! > Employ101x About video > Employ101x About video
- How employable are you? Why would an employer give YOU the job over someone else with the same degree? Unlocking your employability is the key to a rewarding career.
- With contributions from local and international employers, university graduates and students, and other experts, we’ll teach you how to develop your employability.
Welcome to the course! > Finding your way around the course > Finding your way around the course
- Welcome to one of The University of Queensland’s courses here on edX.
- My name is Shannon and before we start let’s go through a few things that will help you navigate your way through the course.
- When you start a course you will automatically be taken here.
- All of the latest course announcements and updates are kept on this tab.
- You may find links to useful documents here such as the Course Syllabus.
- Along the top are some additional tabs that will help you throughout the course.
- When you want to know how you’re going in a course, click on the Progress Tab.
- When you want to contribute to course discussion, go to the Discussion tab.
- All of the course content can be found in the Course Tab.
- You can see which activities are graded because they are listed as Problem scores in your Progress tab along with ungraded Practice Scores.
- So now you’ve seen how easy it is to take a UQx course and we wish you all the best with your studies.
Welcome to the course! > Learning goals and how to succeed > How to succeed
- We’ve created a course for students who are currently studying or who have recently graduated from a university.
- ANNA This course has been developed as part of The University of Queensland’s Student Employability Strategy and it will step you through the process of understanding what makes someone employable.
- You will learn how to develop your employability, how to communicate it to a potential employer, and how to transfer and apply it to the workplace.
- To succeed in this course we recommend that you work through the modules in order.
- This course is slightly different from a ‘normal’ course.
- To succeed in this course we challenge you to be open minded and take the opportunity to apply the learning as you go through your degree and once you begin your career journey.
- REA The simple fact that you are participating in this course says that you are proactive about developing yourself for your future career.
- If you actively engage with the modules we are sure that you will leave this course with strategies to help you improve your chances of career success.
- REA Let us know what you think – either in the discussion forums or in the various polls or survey questions we have scattered in the course.