Week Zero- Warming Up Week
“Course Introduction … Meet the Team and Introduce Yourself … Navigating in edX”
- Week Zero- Warming Up Week > 0.0 Course Introduction > Welcome to International Business Environment and Global Strategy
- Week Zero- Warming Up Week > 0.2 Navigating in edX > Navigating in edX
Week Zero- Warming Up Week > 0.0 Course Introduction > Welcome to International Business Environment and Global Strategy
- When you think of Japan what comes to mind? Amazing products: Canon camera, Toyota cars and the Shinkansen bullet train Japan looks like an economic superpower.
- We will catch glimpses of other countries as well For example South Korea so close to Japan and yet so different, and Turkey and Singapore and Chile – each with its own peculiar factors that define the rules of the game for companies operating there.
- In countries like India, we will look at how the global rules of the game managed by international organizations like the WTO affect business and impact human welfare These rules are dramatically affected by powerful stakeholders like labor, farmers and the military My name is Sushil Vachani.
Week Zero- Warming Up Week > 0.2 Navigating in edX > Navigating in edX
- I’ll show you the different components of a course, and how you can use these to have a great learning experience.
- On the home page, you’ll find course updates and announcements from the staff.
- The course page is where you’ll find and interact with the course material The discussion forum is where you can communicate with your fellow learners and debate course related topics We recommend that you participate actively in the forum; you’ll be surprised at how much you can learn from your fellow students.
- The syllabus page will guide you through the course syllabus and provide important information related to this course.
- If you have more questions regarding the course, you can look for answers in the FAQ page.
- You can also use social media like Twitter and Facebook to interact with your fellow learners Now let’s take a closer look at the course material.
- Many courses start with an overview of edX and an introduction to the course.
- Below the overview are segments of the course, which are released as the course progresses.
- Typically, an edX course is delivered in week by week segments, and have lessons and homeworks you need to complete.