Week 0: Orientation Week
“Overview … Introduction to Just Money”
- Week 0: Orientation Week > Introduction to Just Money > Introduction to Just Money
- Week 0: Orientation Week > Introduction to Just Money > Engaging With This MOOC
Week 0: Orientation Week > Introduction to Just Money > Introduction to Just Money
- While the crisis highlighted the ways in which failing banks can undermine our economy and our society, in this course, Just Money- Banking as if Society Mattered, we’ll explore how banks can play a positive role using finance as a tool to improve our environment, increase the economic well-being of community residents, and create a better society for all.
- Over the past 10 years, we’ve worked with banks that fund social and ecological projects and that bring financial services and often the ultimate into education to those who have been excluded.
- We’ve traveled around the world and spoke to bankers of just banks to bring you stories and examples of banks that are trying to have a positive impact.
- This course will introduce you to different models of just banking and how they finance social and ecological businesses and movements.
- Our participants include undergraduate and graduate students, finance professional, coworkers from just banking institutions, and lifelong learners interested in economic and social change.
- By the end of this course, you will understand what just banking is, what just banks do, and how just banks improve the environment and society.
Week 0: Orientation Week > Introduction to Just Money > Engaging With This MOOC
- Welcome to this class, Just Money: Banking as a Society Mattered.
- In this short clip we want to explain what options you have, how to use this class material.
- An online class differs from a class where you sit-in a classroom together.
- This program differs from some other online programs because we offer you, or they invite you to, several additional forms of learning.
- You also have the opportunity to meet other participants of the class.
- Another form of engagement is that you actually meet people face to face.
- Lastly, I want to mention that this program differs from other programs because it provides also live sessions.