Section 3: Positioning and Value Propositions, Product
“Positioning and Value Propositions … Brand Positioning Statements … Product Frameworks and Tools … Takeaways”
- Understanding positioning and its application, points of parity and points of differentiation.
- Positioning case study: Viagra versus Cialis and their different approaches to addressing solutions to erectile dysfunction.
- Brand positioning statement as a fundamental planning tool and its application to a value proposition.
- Product case study: Zappos and how selling shoes (product) can deliver happiness (experience).
- Discussion on product life cycles and how the marketing mix can change to reinvigorate a product offering and go back into the growth phase.