Course Introduction and Overview
“Welcome from the Instructorcurrent section … DemoX”
- Course Introduction and Overview > Welcome from the Instructor > About the Course
- Course Introduction and Overview > Welcome from the Instructor > Course Overview
Course Introduction and Overview > Welcome from the Instructor > About the Course
- I’m the author and instructor of the introduction to Cloud Computing course produced by IEEE and edX.
- The truth is that the basic principles and technologies of cloud have been around for almost 50 years – it’s just that these technologies have matured and become more prevalent, and people are finding new ways to utilize cloud computing to solve all kinds of real problems.
- I’ll be your guide as you explore various cloud computing service and deployment models, cloud infrastructure, cloud scenarios and various applications.
Course Introduction and Overview > Welcome from the Instructor > Course Overview
- I’ve been building and studying complex software systems for more than 30 years and my most recent work focuses on safety critical software systems and their interactions, including those that take place in the cloud.
- The first part covers some very basic concepts and is substantially based on two US federal government publications on cloud computing, which can be found in the reference list.
- Much of the dialogue and many of the figures and diagrams presented in this course are excerpted and adapted from these publications with permission.
- Much of the information for Part II is derived from a US federal government publication, called Draft Cloud Computing Synopsis and Recommendations.
- The main source for this part is also the Draft Cloud Computing Synopsis and Recommendations from NIST Additional material in part 3 is also derived from IEEE draft standards.