About the Course
“Forum & Instruction”
- About the Course > Discussion Forum and Interaction > Discussion Forum V1
- About the Course > Discussion Forum and Interaction > Discussion Forum V2
- About the Course > Discussion Forum and Interaction > Discussion Forum V3
About the Course > Discussion Forum and Interaction > Discussion Forum V1
- The discussion forum is an online forum in which participants can ask questions, start discussions, and find posts by other participants.
- In this short video, we are going to look specifically at some best practices of the forum, learn how to post questions effectively, and find the answers to your questions by searching through posts.
- In edX courses, there are two main ways to post to the forum.
- Without filtering, as you will see here, the forum will show all posts on every topic.
- To see some general questions and discussions, click “general, ” and here we have posts.
- Second, you can find posts by searching for keywords.
- If we type the word “Hello” and click enter, we can find all the posts with the word hello.
- You have the ability to up-vote a post, which means to move up on the forum list, so other people will see.
- In terms of what posts are shown, you can select, “show all, ” “show and read posts ” or just “show unanswered posts.
- That is how you search for the posts.
About the Course > Discussion Forum and Interaction > Discussion Forum V2
- Is your post a discussion in which you would like to engage other participants? Or, is it a question for which you would like an answer? Select either “question” or “discussion” to indicate the purpose of your post.
- Choose from topics about different parts of the course, or select “general” for broader questions and discussion topics.
- One note, for technical questions, we highly encourage that you do not post these in the forum but instead consult FAQ top level banner tab, right here.
- Third, choose a clear and specific title for your post.
- If you have a question about something mentioned in Knowledge Check 1 tag, tag in your post title “KC1” and then title your question appropriately.
- ” Here you can see that I have posted a discussion topic that I am now following and that other participants can respond to.
About the Course > Discussion Forum and Interaction > Discussion Forum V3
- The second way to post the course is through the course ware itself.
- Within the course, we have posted discussion elements under certain videos, questions or activities.
- If you would like to post a new post, click ‘New Post’ and then specify question or discussion.
- If you would like the staff to look at your post and respond to it, you want to tag the word ‘staff’, and then ask your question.
- If you have a question on KC2 or knowledge Check 2, ask your question here and then click ‘Add Post.’ The course staff will do their best to monitor the forum and respond to post that we believe cannot answer by your fellow participants.
- If after a few days, your post has not been addressed or you are still unsure about your question, repost with the ‘staff’ tag.
- Second, p lease allow us 48 to 72 hours to respond to your post.